[DeTomaso] FW: Driver's window removal

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 21:55:11 EST 2008

In a message dated 3/8/08 18 24 28, davel at emspace.com writes:

> Thanks Mike
> The rear run is removed, per instructions.
> Kirk must we a superior wiggler.
>
>>>I didn't dare do it myself out of pure cowardice, but in retrospect it was
fairly easy.   The window also had to be angled; I can't remember if it went
nose-up or nose-down as it came out.   Probably nose-down.

> Also interesting is; no weathershield in my door.
> Looks like I'd better make one.
> The point is to drain water that passes the weatherstripping through the
> bottom door drain I guess??
>
>>>Right.   Water passes between the glass and the felt runs and drips into
the door by design; the weathershield is intended to keep that water from
entering the cabin of the car or touching the back side of the door panel.   The
speakers, window motor etc. just have to suck it up.