[DeTomaso] oil pressure gauge

John Maffeo johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 23:41:55 EST 2008

Chris,

  I'm happy to have helped. What comes around, goes around. Plenty of people have helped me out over the years and I'm just trying to do my part by returning the favor. This is a really great club!

  Have a great drive to Vegas!

  John

Christopher Kimball <chrisvkimball at msn.com> wrote:

Today a very generous Pantera owner, John Maffeo came down from Seattle and helped me put in a mechanical oil pressure gauge. My stock gauge has been erratic lately. He said it was fairly simple to do, but I don't like trying things without some expert help. While we were at the store buying the gauge, I thought it might be a good idea to buy another sending unit, since it was only $8.

After we got it all hooked up, I started the car, and the new gauge read 60 lbs at first, then settled in at about 50 after a few minutes of idling. Here's the ironic part--the stock gauge read the exact same thing! It's never been above 35 before, so it turns out the original sending unit must have been bad, or had a loose wire.

Thanks, John for fixing two problems!

This weekend the car goes to Mike Thomas's house so he and Doug Braun can work on fixing the right-rear axle/ bearings/whatever else. Thanks guys--a more generous group of people I have never met than Pantera club members (and I sheepishly say that as an attendee of an 1800-member church!)

Chris