[DeTomaso] FUEL TANK VENT / Dick Ruzzin

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 29 13:14:01 EDT 2008

Someone had plumbed mine with the rubber 30 fuel line from the right angle vent down the fender in front of the drivers side rear tire.  I have the extended neck filler so if I fill the tank until the gas pump turns off about 5 seconds later I get a nice puddle of gasoline on the ground.

I don't see that they had a valve but American versions should have a carbon type filter/separator that allows only gas fumes to escape and the gas (liquid phase) returns to the tank-thus a one way valve could not work as fuel in liquid phase could not return.  If you look at your two coolant tanks there should be a 1/4 circle mount welded anterior to the tank closest to the passenger seat.  That is where the carbon filter/separator goes-mine was gone so I am replacing mine and using braided hose to avoid the puddles at the gas station.

Clay