[DeTomaso] Clutch Pressure plate rebuilding

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 19 21:24:07 EDT 2008

Chuck, I ran the RAM clutch and pressure plate they recommended for my
engine configuration and power output..  When I tore it up (my fault for
not installing it correctly) ), they rebuilt the pressure plate and
clutch for half of what a new set cost and it came back as "new" and
performed great. Worked fine until I didn't watch the free play on the
slave cylinder and spun it out.

I have never used a clutch rebuild shop and am not able to comment on
the quality of their work.  However, I do know that by using RAM, if I
have a problem they will repair it to "as new" at about half the price
(did not include shipping).  I assume the other major manufacturers
would do the same.

With all that said and done, it certainly is easier to just go buy a new
one.

Dick Koch - Atlanta