[DeTomaso] Optima battery, can it be sent by air?

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 16:45:15 EDT 2008

Thomas,
  I don't know all the details of the story but Optima seems to have been sold and the new batteries
don't appear to be what they once were.  There have been several failures in our local Vette group.
Leaks, short life etc.  It's well known around the Vette forum since it's so important to have a good battery
as they are located very close to critical electronics.  I've been using a spiral gel battery sold by NAPA
in the last 2 Panteras.  A few more cranking amps and a few dollars cheaper.  YMMV.  Hope this helps.
Michael> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:40:28 +0200> From: Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se> To: detomaso at realbig.com> Subject: [DeTomaso] Optima battery, can it be sent by air?> > My yellow top Optima appears to be on the way down, after eight years of > good service for me, and an unknown number of years for the former owner.> > The cost of a new Optima here is around $500 (ouch), and I see you can > get them for around $200 from summit, but can I get it here before hell > freezes over? I have some other stuff I might shop from Summit at the > same time.> > Is this battery classified as hazardous material, or can it be sent with > FedEx?> > I don't see it classified as ground only in the summit catalog, which > most of the chemical stuff is, so it seems to be ok to send by air.> > Thomas> > -- > Real life: Thomas Törnblom Email: Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE> Snail mail: Banvallsvägen 14 Phone: +46 18 444 33 21> S - 754 40 Uppsala, Sweden Cellular: +46 70 261 1372> > _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> > Archive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/> > DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at list.realbig.com> http://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso