[DeTomaso] DeTomaso up for sale

Fernando Bianchi bianchito at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 07:38:46 EDT 2008

Opportunity is the key...

I remember reading an article about Rover's right over the Mini, when I was about 12/13...(now Im 27) (at the time the mini was my ideal car...actually the only one I could reach the pedals and look over the wheel..) and discussing the same that we are now...When the sale took place BMW was looking for niche markets, and got there, cleaned the brand and sold the rest (Rover and MG) to an english which then sold it to a chinese group. Lets remember than MG has a "classic sport car" reputation, etc...and is widely known...
I cant think of any marque interested in buying a Supercar brand like DT at the mo...but then again Im not in the business...

HOWEVER none of you mentioned what will happen if, for example an Indonesian group buys De Tomaso??? Value of our cars will sink deeply??? I can see them pointing at my car..yes, this is a Indonesian car brand...(ejem..crap..).... This worries me badly....
Nando.