[DeTomaso] Talked with Steve about the bushings

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 01:12:01 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/22/08 16 02 59, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Steve assures me he has received questions from others regarding the
> same concerns and has told them to simply use a rubber hammer, bend
> the ears a little, get the a-arm placed and torqued, and he's had no
> complaints.

The A-arm should rotate freely.   If the overall length from the outer faces
of the bushings is greater than the overal distance between the outermost
A-arm mounts, that's not right.   I wouldn't bend those mounts too much.   The
A-arm may need a little persuasion to fit in, but if you really have to force it,
that ain't right.   Swap out the bushings.