[DeTomaso] Mustang rotor swap question?

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Tue Jul 22 22:14:10 EDT 2008

I just went through this exercise again on my GT5.  I replaced the axles
with the pair that I won at the Vegas raffle.  SInce my mustang rotors were
showing wear.  (I use them front and rear) I decided to return them to
O'reilly's for a free replacement.  Ya gotta luv these lifetime
warrantees!!.  Well, they did cost a $100.  Actually, I thought this was
rather cheap until I learned that the replacement discs for a modern VW
beetle cost $10.  I mean - how can you make anything that weighs more than 5
lbs that cheap?  But, I digress.

I knocked out the Mustang studs and with great effort hammered in the
pantera studs.  They fit very tight!!  As they have in the past.

The only issue that I had on the fronts was fitting the dust cap.  The
Pantera cap has a slightly larger diameter.  I turned the hub's cap receiver
in a lathe to accommodate.

Everything else was plug and play on the front end.

JT