[DeTomaso] Down again?

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Thu Jul 17 15:02:19 EDT 2008

Well, after running great since replacing my sheared distributor gear pin, I fired up my Pante last night and everything ran great for two minutes until she clunked out.  My fuel gauge red light had just come on and I thought ... Hmmm, did I run out of gas?  I filled her with a gerry can and she fired up right away and as I started off everything seemed great until I shifted into second gear.  She died again, completely.

There was nothing doing for the next 20 minutes - she wouldn't turn over.  I then tried again and she fired up just fine, but (again) quit after idling for 2 minutes.

We pushed her in to my garage and on to my lift and checked the fuel lines and filter.  The only thing that seemed out of the norm was a possible slow leak from the feeder line (gas tank to filter); however, my cat never drops any fluid on the floor.

I'm thinking I may have a clogged fuel filter - caused from my tank becoming low on fuel?

Help!

Thanks in adavnce,

Erik