[DeTomaso] New Nurburgring track record set!

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Thu Jul 17 03:37:30 EDT 2008

"Congrats to Chevy…  But please note that a Radical SR8 holds a 6:55
track record and its sister car the SR3 turbo 4 banger holds a 7:19 time.
Rod"
7,29 sec is a god time, what exactley is the record based on?
Production sports car, sportscar, standard tire dressed sportscar etc?
Whats the merit of the driver and who was putting the race in motion?

The Radical has also marketing their cars as beeing very fast, which they
also are. In fact I was thinking of buying one  some years ago, but I newer
had any answers from their representative here in Sweden about the
possibility of another suspension design on a special built example.

However, I decided to keep the "Hemipanter" since it today is
sort of assosiated with myself and my books. And aside from this,
who would ever buy such hard driven overexperimented car as mine?
And if the books is paying of there is still a few thing left to do...

Goran