[DeTomaso] Half shaft questions

Jim Hendrickson chendric at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 8 10:54:12 EDT 2008

Many of the Pantera Vendors have the stock U-joints. I know that Dennis
Quella has them. IIRC, the ones without the grease zerks are considered
stronger than the ones with zerks and they are in demand with the racers so
they cost about 4 times as much as the ones with zerks.

Look closely at the size of the original bores. Mine appeared to be bored
oversize from the factory, so I replaced them with the Spicer half shafts
from PI.