[DeTomaso] Brake Proportioning Valve / Dick Ruzzin

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jul 8 02:43:17 EDT 2008

Dick,

I only have experience with the 'standard' adjustable proportioning valve,
made/marketed by Wilwood and a zillion others.   The cheapest source I've found
is from Summit Racing, which sells this one for under $40:

http://tinyurl.com/59hk3c

They also make one that incorporates a brake light switch:

http://tinyurl.com/6ox3na

It's about double the cost though.   One or the other of these will do just
fine.   I think it's crucial to incorporate something like this in the front
brake circuit of all Mangustas, as well as any Pantera with stock calipers whose
stock proportioning valve has been misguidedly removed.