[DeTomaso] FW: Old tires sold as New Tires

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Jul 5 13:59:40 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/4/08 11:27:40 PM, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> What I did was purchase, from Griot's Garage, these nifty little tire valve
> caps with LEDs in them....
> I used them on both our daily drivers, but for the Pantera I still prefer
> the cool aluminum caps with the DeTomaso logo (I bought those at the Fun
> rally).

Suggest anyone who buys special valve stem caps tighten them PAINFULLY tight,
or never leave the car unattended- even for a few minutes! When we lived in
CA, the local kids regularly toured the neighborhoods for such accessories for
their bicycles. Fortunately, most of them didn't know how to operate pliers or
crescent wrenches... FWIW- J DeRyke