[DeTomaso] Erratic Window Operation

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jul 1 13:43:34 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/1/08 10 39 30, pvperry at earthlink.net writes:

> So what is causing the jamming? Broken or cracked Drive Motor gear?
>
>>>Almost assuredly.

> If so -
> can I just remove the drive motor from the door and replace the gear? Or
> does the entire window mechanism have to come out?
>
>>>This is a common service procedure that you will thankfully only have to
do once, as the replacement gears are machined from brass and are immortal,
unlike the stock plastic gears that age-harden and fall apart.

Chuck Melton recently put a how-to article on window gear changing on his
website--check it out!   I think Mike Dailey's website has some information there
too.

And of course there's your handy dandy shop manual which is useful here as
well!