[DeTomaso] Fw: Axle Bearing help

tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Wed Jan 30 22:48:32 EST 2008

Pressing the axle out of the inboard bearing is usually not too bad.  The
fun comes when you need to get the outboard bearings off.  In my case, I had
to turn my stock axles in the lathe and cut the tapered bearing inner race
off.

When going back together with tapered bearings, I chose to leave the spacer
between the inner races out and only torque my axle nut to net 25 ft-lbs
(drag torque + 25ft-lbs) on the bearings.  I drilled and pinned the nuts in
place.