[DeTomaso] Finally, the IR manifold is on the engine.

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Tue Jan 15 16:20:59 EST 2008

Jack,

There is a photo of his jig, near the photos of the manifold.
Basically he used the principle of any line not cut perpendicular to a
tube creates an oval, instead of a circle.  He sandwiches the throttle
plate between two halves of a cylinder that has been cut at the
desired angle.  Ingenious really, then just machine to the external
surface of the cylinder.

You not only get the oval shape you need, but you get the proper angle
on the edge to match the inner bore of the throttle body.

Asa Jay

Quoting JDeRyke at aol.com: