[DeTomaso] [NPC] Selecting air drills

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 01:17:51 EST 2008

Uh-uh. I've done exactly what you're describing, and a hammer drill is
required. They come in electric -Makita makes a nice 3/8"-capacity 'convertible'
with a selector switch that allows one to do either conventional drilling or
hammer-drilling. You will burn up a carbide concrete bit in minutes
conventionally-drilling cement, while the hammer-drill goes faster in concrete and bits last
longer. If you get a convertible drill & want to verify this, get two
identical bits 'cause you'll need them. Oh, and do NOT touch the shank of the bit
when changing them in the drill chuck; they get incredibly hot in a only
minute......do not ask how I know this Good luck- J DeRyke