[DeTomaso] IR-EFI PLUMBING SANITY CHECK - NEED PHOTOS

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 19:23:26 EST 2008

Thanks Doug and to everyone who wrote me off line (Kirby, Michael, Dick Koch and others). . .I also appreciate your feedback and recommendations which are consistant with feedback from others.

  I am going to be running a custom IR setup Mike Trusty out of Arkansas designed and built for me. its not a off-the-shelf system.  Mike has a good rep building systems for other Pantera as well as Ferrari, Ford GT etc owners, is himself an engineer and racer  but excellent point on setup. All the fuel and plumbing mods we are doing out here on left coast and Dick Drenske is doing those on the Pantera in his shop.

  I know Jack  pointed out earlier some 'safety concern' (thanks jack) about potential fire damage from pulling fuel off the bottom of the tank but all my feedback from Mike and others supports otherwise.  In fact while I have got "full compression" on some elevation (aka woops) at Silver state and Pony Express I have 'never' come close to hitting any where close to to bottom of the fuel tank because it is recessed up inside frame and now so is the plumbing.

  Although I appreciate Jacks earlier concern to safety on pulling fuel off the bottom of the tank I am confident of what we have done.  Dick has plumbed and routed the new fuel line off bottom of the tank tank as well.  The system also includes the HV pump and an added filter.  The only way there is going to ever be a problem with pulling fuel off the bottom of the tank is if;

  1) The  bung and plumbing on bottom of the tank are below the lowest point on suspension or;

  2) The Pantera goes off road at Silver State or another ORR at high speed and IF that happens I will have more then the bottom of the Pantera to worry about. ;-]>
  Still I agree it is a viable concern and always appreciate Jack's support and input.

  Thanks Again Doug

  Dawg

Dee Hart <qqpursuit at gmail.com> wrote:
  Mad Dog..............the bosch fuel pump is under the fuel tank, the bosch fuel filter is in the corner V of the gas tank heat shield and the forward engine bay bulk head or fire wall. The filter and fuel line are wrapped in insulation and heat reflective stuff.   Don't run a Fuel "Surge tank"   I split the fuel line into two lines for connected to each fuel rail, each rail then goes to  the fuel regulator (50 psi) and then the return goes back to the top of the fuel tank.    I am running a mechanical Crower cam and hence run a "Vacuum Surge" tank which is located where the factory charcol canister used to be.      Mad Dog...who's IR setup are you running and is it correctly synchronized?    If they are not synchronized....you will have mucho problems tuning the ECU.              Good luck................Doug.H