[DeTomaso] Air cleaner

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Jan 13 10:14:22 EST 2008

Dear Forum,

                  I would agree with all the criticisms of the dogbone.
However,  the Space City guys ran a dyno session, which looked at various
air filters.   They specifically tested the notorious dogbone.    Much to
their surprise it produced the most HP on the dyno.   It is certainly not
intuitive.   Just as certainly dyno tuning with carb and air filter spacers
can have unexpected positive and negative results on engine performance.
FWIW.

                                       Engine rookie,  Chuck Engles