[DeTomaso] YET ONE MORE DREAM ....was; Hawaii's Yogi Bear Vs Hemi-Swede Vs Dawg Vs Norwegian Vikings at ORR in 2008

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 14:42:24 EST 2008

I have "Na Moan Ya' so forgive my ramblings but I had another dream and all the people flased before my eyes who had told me since 1997 what they were going to do in ORR competition....here's the top 10 excuses many have been repeated but I think these are the best ones;

  "Dawg I am all most ready to run Silverstate.....but

  1.   "I found the right high speed tires but I don't like the tread pattern very much"
  2.   "My wife said I couldn't go 200 mph so there's no point in going now"
  3.   "I know I said I would be back 4 years ago but I am so busy at work"
  4.   "I sold my Pantera and I bought a new Z06 Vette"
  5.   "JT told us about how guys tried to start fights with the Corvette guys"
  6.   "I know I only went 85 mph in 5th gear but I am coming back to go 200 in 2008"
  7.   "Wooot, I run between 100-110 to Vegas every year dodging civilians in minivans"
  8.   "Maybe I am too old now to run?"
  9.   "I haven't touched the Pantera in 6 months" (2 weeks before NORC)
  10.  "My wife is leaving me"
  11.  "My boss told me I had better get my priorites straight"
  12.  "Isn't that where you guys run over a 2-lane road and some guys get killed?"
  13.   "My engine is ready but my ZF isn't"
  14.   "My Pantera won't do 200 mph so what is the point in going"
  15.   "Is it really true JB caused a riot at the Green Lantern when he screamed "All Corvette  owners are *** and **** ******and I will kick their ***** tomorrow when we run?"
  16.   Will my modified plywood and patio cushion race seat pass tech?"
  17.   The Tech guys HATE ME"
  18,   Why do we have to have speed rated tires? Mikey said that is wrong!
  19.   My engine has 750RWHP, is race prepared to beat Junior Wilsons record but..."
  20.   My son is going to be a professional race car driver so I don't have time to race anymore"
  21.  " I would go but I can't find high speed radials for my original Campy wheels"
  22.  "I just sold my Pantera on E-Bay!"
  23.   "I am too busy at work and don't have enough time to finish everything" (8 months out)
  24.   "I am too busy at home" (6 months out)
  25.   "Its too far to drive to Nebraska or Texas
  26.   "I had a dream I caught fire and burnt up"
  27.   "Part of the divorce settlement is SHE gets the Pantera
  28.   "Duuuude, I told you soon as I get the boat, the bike and the house done I will finish the Pantera!"
  29.   "Mikey told me I needed special tires and a full blown race motor"
  30.   "Laurie only ran 100 mph twice? Oh okay I know I can beat her time easy

  ......and the abslolute best excuse I have ever heard was;
  31.   "I don't drive the Pantera anymore it just sits in the garage"

Mad Dog Antenucci <teampantera at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Yeeeeeeeeea, I just woke up dreaming again where the ultimate ORR competition included
Dennis "Warrior" Yogi's rightous Pantera going up against Hemi-Swede, and the Norwegian Viking Bad Boys who are coming back again in 2008. woof-woof-woof-woof
WOOF

Mad Dawg
P.S. send the dawg some Portegese donuts

John Taphorn wrote:
Mike is correct. I rode in the Dennis Yogi's Hawaii 5-0 car was very
impressed with every aspect of it. I had no idea that the early cars were
so good. It had outstanding acceleration and the suspension operated
quietly and the car had no rattles. It was among the nicest riding Panteras
I had the pleasure to experience. I was very impressed. The power contrasts
sharply with the later cars - no comparison.

As most on the Forum are aware, Dennis owns another more aggressive Pantera
that was up on a lift parked above the 5-0 and an absolutely gorgeous
Mangusta that he has been cleaning up. Also, among the nicer Gooses that my
eyes have been treated to. All parked in a garage attached to a house on a
hill with a backyard porch that overlooks Pearl Harbor! If only I had
worked a little harder...... :^)

Dennis, also thanks for the sightseeing suggestions - we did find Leonard's
and the aquarium. Here, here for the Portuguese donuts.

JT