[DeTomaso] Front A/C

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 24 14:38:04 EST 2008

Is a lay down rad rq'd for front mount condenser?

>>>No, I don't believe so, if you put it in front, if you put it behind the
radiator it may be required, depending upon the size of the AC unit.

Is there a "kit" to lay the rad down or is it Mcguivered?

>>>Details & pics on how I laid my rad forward are on my website, under
cooling.

I have a brass rad, with the stock (looking???) side tanks and top cover.

I had the inlet and outlet pipes lengthened so I could put a flex-a-lite
dual sucker (with shroud) assembly in place.  But extending the pipes were
not necessary to "lay down".  It is just that I had the rad shop do all the
work at the same time.

All that was necessary was to un-solder (weld ?) the two top/side straps,
and flip them around and re-attach.  My (stainless) coolant pipes still
reached.

Chuck Melton

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:19 PM