[DeTomaso] Is A Pantera On The Freeway An Idiot Magnet

Bob Radefeld bob at dodgecarroll.com
Tue Feb 19 15:37:15 EST 2008

I don't think it takes long after a person becomes a Pantera
owner to figure out that the car is a "magnet" for almost
anyone else on the road. Personally, I've found that most
cars that race up behind or beside me on the Freeways &
Interstates will slow down for a nice long look at the car
trying to identify it. Lots of picture taking &/or "thumbs up"
usually are the result. After that they either drop back or
casually accelerate past & resume the speed limit. Hit very few wanna-be racers as I think the majority of them already
know that they're likely to get their doors blown off, it's just a
matter of how BAD. The occasional person that I encounter
that really wants to race are the ones that I just shake my
head "No" at & they soon get the message. I just let them
play by themselves.