[DeTomaso] forum gripes

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 22:40:08 EST 2008

Ok then Mr. Mikey,
If that is the case why does it happen with just a few of the  writers?  Most
of the posts I read are fine.  Just some come out that  looooooooooong way.

Both of those problems are your fault.  Or rather, the fault of  your e-mail
program.  If you are using proper stand-alone AOL instead of  the web-based
version, posts come through looking perfectly fine, with just  plain text.  I
remember many years ago I viewed the forum from a desk job  (the horror!!!)
using Hotmail, and occasionally a post would appear with no line  breaks, and you
would have to scroll horizontally for a week to read each  line.  I was
eventually fed up enough to get clever, and to go to the  'preferences' section of
the Hotmail website, where I was able to set a maximum  line length, I think of
80 characters.  That forced the text to wrap  properly and I lived happily
ever after (well, that is, after I got out from  behind the desk, back into the
cockpit and never looked  back!)

Awards. Go to AOL Music.