[DeTomaso] Banter on the list

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Fri Feb 15 00:13:52 EST 2008

Hey folks,

I'm just the messenger, so take this for what it's worth:  I met a guy recently who is keen to buy a Pantera, so I told him he should join POCA (which he is in the process of doing), and sign up for the email forum (which he did).

I just talked to him today and he told me he had unsubscribed.  When I asked why, he said he was very uncomfortable with some of the dialogue and arguing he read on the forum.  Now, I admit that I have been known to stir the pot a bit, what with my controversial fan-loaded rear deck and such, but it's always been in good fun, and I've felt the comments I've gotten were written in the same vein.  But sometimes the conversation gets more heated than it needs to, and apparently, the result is the loss of some people who could potentially add a lot to the discussions.

I told him once he actually buys a Pantera he should definitely rejoin the list serve because I can personally attest to how much fantastic information and help I've received, and continue to receive, from it.  I also told him to take many of the opinions voiced with a grain of salt.  It's also true that with email, there are no voice inflections or body language, so it's easy to misconstrue what's being said.  With any luck he'll be back on line soon.

Anyway, just a few thoughts.

Sincerely,

Chris