[DeTomaso] A little bit of everything!

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Thu Feb 14 14:17:08 EST 2008

First, I fired up my Hemi with the new intake. The old mapping did of course not work
for this setrup. The eight trottles did lower the vacuum a lot faster, so much steeper fuel
curve was mapped. I have been in the discussion of "separate runner-trottle response"
issue in a coupple of forums. If I should just get in to the car, not knowing what has
been done to it, I could swear that the car had a better answer to the trottle. BUT,
knowing the fact of mapping, the curve of the vacuum is responsible for a big deal
of the "response" feeling. I will drive the car over a larger distance to record what is
acually respons and vacuum  effect.

If anyone wonder why I am not able to tell ANYTHING right now, it is becouse the
starter motor broke down. However, I am not resting on the sofa, so a new starter
motor is already installed today. I put some image on my site, as I believe this starter
could be of interest for the Pantera folks. Klick "fabrication pictures". Only $250 in
Sweden with Ford pattern.

The top images is also new, showing the intake.

Something else is that I am back where I belong, fabricating guitars. There is a ABBA
museum under build in Stockholm and they want the star shaped guitar in one room.
I just put tree full weeks for the reconstruction, to make an absolut identical copy
of the original I made 35 years ago. Shown on 2 image on the top of the site.

http://www.hemipanter.se

Goran