[DeTomaso] Silver paint on air vents

Lee Farrell lee_farrell at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 14 15:06:02 EST 2008

there was a post a few days ago about this, so I decided to try mine, which were a mess.   I found at Kragens a paint called "Scratch Fix 2 in 1",  in "silver charcoal metal, NG FM 236."    This is just about a perfect match in color and shine - at least for my pre-L '72.  And the applicator brush stays small and stiff (no Larry....), so you can do the edges with minimal mess.   And it takes a bit of very fine sanding, if you don't get the edge smooth on the first try.

lee farrell