[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 53, Issue 23- WATER PUMPS

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 11:48:37 EST 2008

My luck on water pumps has been very bad

Edelbrock to me are the worst:  I've been told they make
the Ford Motorsports pumps... not sure it that is actually true

Edelbrock on the former Cleveland in my Pantera went out in 3 months
Edelbrock on my mustang lost the sleeve that held the fan and took out fan,
radiator,etc

Ford motorsports shorty- same as Steve in Nevada
I have lost the sheetmetal impellor on two but only after racing them
It cost me the overall win at Vegas two years back when Quella and Escahoff
stayed home
The second one we tig welded near the shaft where the sheetmetal bends-still
broke... this
is where it breaks.. Steve Revina sent me pictures a while back... same
thing..
I have talked to Cobra Replica guys with the same problem.. junk

I have found a company down south that does my Pontiac and Windsor but no
shorty

Flow cooler and weiand seem to be good pumps after asking around.
I have three broken pumps on my counter of broken pieces and that does not
include the other two that were just leaking at very low milage

New topic:

Way to go Jason on the Bull Run series... they tend
to get you to push and beat your car.
Good coverage for the Pantera mark and a great guy
that Races at the track, Silver State and shows the car

Bob Benson
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.