[DeTomaso] more sunvisor questions

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 17:14:37 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/22/08 5 20 12, justingreisberg at hotmail.com writes:

> my 74 GTS white sunvisors are totally brittle - the stuffing foam inside
> probably has decomposed.  There seems to be no easy way to open them up and
> replace the foam.  Anyone have any successful restoration suggestions?  Anyone
> have nice ones they want to sell cheap?  Given the relative uselessness of
> these items, I was prepared just to leave them off....

You will find that you use them all the time.   My Pantera visors get much
more use than those in my other cars.

Any auto upholstery shop should be able to take care of them for you.   I
actually sent mine to Kirk Evans, along with all my old (white) trim, and a small
corner cut from my new (perfect) headliner from Pantera East.   He has a guy
out there who is simply magic, and the pieces all came back in perfect
condition, and matching the headliner exactly.