[DeTomaso] Project Mangusta For Sale??

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 16:47:34 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/22/08 7 09 15, lashdeep at yahoo.com writes:

> Anyone know of one? No interior or drivetrain necessary...but a dash would
> be good.

Yoo betcha.   There is a basket case Mangusta that has been sitting on a spit
for 15-20 years I think, in Incline Village, Nevada (ritzy community on the
shores of Lake Tahoe).   A dentist (or something like that) who fancied himself
an auto restoror bought a rather rusty two-headlight Mangusta (they only seem
to come in three varieties--rusted, VERY rusted, or formerly rusted and now
restored) with the intent of fixing it.

He started hacking away at it, but quickly ran out of steam and it's been
sitting ever since.   After a very long time of trying to get him to acknowledge
reality, Jim Nowlin has finally convinced him to put it up for sale, and Jim
is handling the matter for him.

(The owner actually moved to Mexico years ago, and the car just sits in his
winter home).

I'll send you a photo of the car, and then you can decide if this is
'project' enough for you.   It looks truly frightening, but supposedly it's all
there....