[DeTomaso] Car is finally home

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Sun Dec 21 19:06:30 EST 2008

Interesting choices on the car.  I did a photoshop treatment to my car on my
website with 4 different tail light designs, the ferrari/lambo look that you
used looks like one of them, except even better.

The McLaren F1 style roof scoop looks really cool, any ideas on flow and how
will you get the air "up there" to "in there"?

I've seen lots of headlight treatments, most come out tacky, yours looks
like a factory install.

Personally I don't like hood vents, but each to his own...right.

The paint is sweeeeeeeeeet, naturally the PROPER color, Yellow!

I have no idea what you plan on for tires/wheels, but in my mind, I saw
black glossy ten spokes with a body matching yellow accent stripe around the
rim and yellow brake calipers.

So tell us about power mods, induction and the interior, ( hope you trashed
those seats with buttons )

and you do plan to black out the bottom rockers and under the front opening,
Panteras that remain body color down there look wallowy (is that a word )
how about ungainly and fat...to me anyway.

make sure you get the new engine cover latch ASAP that prevents the cover
from moving sideways and chipping the paint
(see my website for photos, www.michaelspantera.com) and new rubber corner
stops, easily overlooked items that can cause you a heartache if not
attended to early on.

What do you do with the chrome headlight rings? still have them, if so, I'm
interested.

What are you doing with the gills?  Gloss black? Crinkle? Black Chrome?
Satin Black?

What a great project, I bet you can't wait to drive it.

Michael in Savannah