[DeTomaso] Car is finally home

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at provamo.com
Sun Dec 21 18:39:10 EST 2008

That really is some great progress.

Progress will seem faster now that it looks like a functional car and not just metal
work.  Spring really is coming soon, and it looks like you will be ready.

Chuck

Hi:  I finally got my car home after being in the body shop for the past 2 plus years.
I am very happy with the paint job and the body modifications.  I didn't want to copy
what someone else has already done.  I think I accomplished what I set out to.  To
begin with, this was a low mileage 73L which had been stored for the past 25 years.
For the life of me I can't understand why someone would not want to enjoy driving and
maintaining a classic like this.  I was torn between putting the car back completely
to stock or modifiying the car to my tastes.  Well you can see from the photo's it is
far from stock.  I had 2007 corvette HD headlights installed, hood vents, roof vent
that is functional, rear deck scoops and modified LED tail lights.  The engine and the
transmission is modified also.  I am going to use a lot of carbon fiber on the
interior.  I have chromed, polished, powder coated everything that is not painted
yellow or black.  Once the suspension comes back from the  powder coater, I will drop
the car down and install the engine and transmission.  I know I have a lot to do, but
isn't this the fun part of a project like this? Anyway that is what I keep telling my
self.  I know I am going to have a lot of questions, and please if you have any
questions or ideas along this project send me an e-mail or give me a call.  My name is
Bill and my cell phone # is 541-410-4180.  It is 8 degrees here at home in Bend,
Oregon and we have about 10" of snow on the ground.  I hope all your wishes come true
in 2009 and have a Merry
Christmas.[URL=http://rides.webshots.com/album/556572095KfXgPj][IMG]http://thumb19.web
shots.net/t/59/459/7/77/95/2337777950099748999mWSHwU_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]