[DeTomaso] NPC Anyone know much about the GM direct injection300 HP V6

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 16:47:47 EST 2008

I wasn't very clear on when the injection takes place, in one article it sounded like it could be near TDC on the compression stroke, and used a high pressure pump.  Also one article said there was no throttle body, and another showed one (good ole Internet).  All in all, it's interesting.  If nothing else, if new cars get 40 MPG, there is more oil left for our toys.

I hope we don't get spoiled by cheap gas.  It's extremely vital to our national interests that oil stays below $60 or so, because it keep the oil $s from building the Russian military and Iranian nukes, etc.  If we get back into an arms race, it may cost a lot more than developing energy technology.

Ken