[DeTomaso] AOL Status

msm at portata.com msm at portata.com
Wed Dec 17 02:03:13 EST 2008

Computers are like cars.  For many people, cars are just a way to get from point A to point B.  They just want to twist the key and head down the road with no fuss or muss.  Likewise, there are a lot of people who just want to get on-line and go.  In that sense, AOL is like the Honda Accord.  It is safe, mostly reliable, but not too fast or exciting.  Of course, no one ever wrote a song about their first Accord ... or their first AOL.