[DeTomaso]   AOL Status

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 01:36:55 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/16/08 20 32 7, trevor at fougere.com writes:

> Mikey..are you listening?....

Yes, I am as a matter of fact--specifically *because* I'm on AOL.   I'm at my
mom's house tonight, accessing my AOL and the internet quite easily and
cheerfully (albeit slowly) via dial-up.   When I'm at home, I have Comcast cable,
and my AOL works flawlessly (and lightning fast) using a TCP/IP connection.
When I'm travelling elsewhere (which is about 75% of my life), whether I'm in
the USA, Europe, Africa, Asia, or the Middle East, I can access my e-mail using
native AOL either through a hotel's wireless or LAN connection, or through a
*local* dial-up number.   And if I don't have my own computer, I can go to
www.aol.com and access my mail via their webmail product.   Almost no other ISP
offers that kind of seamless flexibility.

A million people have my e-mail address, which has been propagated through
time and space for almost 15 years (and the same is true of Jack DeRyke).   So
it would be next to impossible to notify everybody of our new addresses should
we choose to change, and we would wind up potentially cutting off many people
who might need to get ahold of us.

Mike (if you want to call me here at my parent's house, the number is
DElaware-4-7860, the same number since my grandfather first got the phone installed
here in 1927....)