[DeTomaso] Any ideas

bwerner at live.com bwerner at live.com
Sun Dec 14 13:05:58 EST 2008

It is 20 degrees here this morning in Bend, Oregon.  I installed my new Bend Pak 4 post lift a couple of weeks ago when it was 60 degrees, and guess what it doesn't want to work in this temperature.  I installed it in the unheated portion of my shop.  Any ideas??  The lift is in the up position right now with one of my cars on it.  In the up postion all the hydralic oil is in the cylinder and lines.  I put a 100watt light bulb under the oil reservoir yesterday to no avail.  It isn't a problem to get the car down, gravity takes care of that.  I was thinking about putting one of those battery heater blankets around the reservoir in the down position so that all the oil would be down in the reservoir and heated.  If anyone out there has any ideas please drop me a note.  I just know that one of you guys or girls has any answer.  Thanks.