[DeTomaso] REALBIG IS Soooo OLD SCHOOL

Don Thomas dtpantera at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:49:56 EST 2008

I like and prefer the old school.  No viruses; it is (more) secure, you can keep a local copy of the e-mails...  And I can search through 100,000 e-mails that I have on my system and not have to worry about some new fandangled web site going down.

I like the idea of the updated POCA web site...  But I have also seen many sites like that get hacked and the customers information get compromised.  You can go play with it... but expect that the new POCA web site will be compromised.   I already sent one note to Mark on one serious vulnerability that needed to be addressed.  If the POCA web site with all it's new member services is not properly maintained, managed and secured; it will become a breeding ground and storage facility for viruses and malware in addition to allowing hackers easier access to members information.  Which can open up another whole can of worms....

I'll stick with and vote to keep the OLD SCHOOL.   less maintenance, headaches and compromises.

And that's my opinion... :)'

Don Thomas, CISSP.
28 years of Computer, Network and System Security