[DeTomaso] pilot bearing

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:37:59 EST 2008

FWIW, when I purchased the GT5 the transaxle had just been rebuilt. It kept hanging up shifting between 2nd and 3rd and Dennis took it back and stripped it down, but couldn't find anything wrong, other than some polishing on the input shaft. He sent it back with a needle pilot bearing and recommendation to change from the oilite, I did so and haven't had a problem since.

Julian Roland,What is the number of the sealed ball bearing that you use? Generally needle bearings and bronze are available here.Mark