[DeTomaso] Super-cool tool!

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 14:41:24 EDT 2008

<<< Once that was finished, I turned the power bleeder on its side, to expose the pickup
tube inside of it to air instead of fluid.   I then cracked one front and one rear bleeder.   Air
flowed through the hose, and when the hose was empty, I let it flow a bit more, to ensure
that there would be a slight air gap at the top of the reservoir (I didn't want to pull the
adapter off and have brake fluid spill out). >>>

One more tip...

You could simply add a tube extension to the fitting in your bleeder cap (that screws onto
the master cylinder) which extends down into the master cylinder so the bottom of the
tube is at the same level as the full mark for the master cylinder. Then you won't overfill
your master and no worries about spilling excess brake fluid.

Cheers!
Garth