[DeTomaso] Clever Clutch Assist

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 15:31:21 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/27/08 4:53:01 PM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> Is the clutch assist spring in this article (
> http://www.artsautomotive.com/clutchstory.htm) common (go down to second figure)

Yes. FWIW, the Pantera has several such 'clutch helper springs'. A spring is
wrapped around the pedal release shaft under the dash (usually broken & not
easily replaced), a hairpin spring on the throwout bearing inside the
bellhousing, and coil springs inside both the clutch master cylinder and slave, as well
as yet another spring on the external clutch slave 'freeplay' mechanism. We
load all these springs each time we step on the clutch pedal. Good article, too-
thanks! FWIW- J Deryke