[DeTomaso] Fw: Fw: Overheating problems

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Mon Aug 25 05:37:38 EDT 2008

> Will
>
> This is a tough one to diagnose.
>
> Is it possible that the gauge is misreading.  Perhaps the ground is
> compromised and when a shared ground accessory is turned on, it affects
> the reading.
***I've compared temp readings with an IR gun. The gauge looks good. I drove
the car with the front access open and when the temp when high, I fiddled
with the connection at the sender, only to have the gauge go completely to
the left. I tightened it up completely. The temp goes up with the IR as the
gauge goes up.****

****I don't think I used too much. The car also ran fine for a couple
hundred miles before the problem returned****

> Are you certain both fans are operating? The fan noise may only be one
***Both fans are running and pulling alot of heat out***

****I'm running IR fuel injection*****

> I am pressed to think that one side would have impaired coolant flow over
> the other - a backward head gasket would have revealed itself in short
> order.
>
> Perhaps others have more guidance.
>
> Let us know what you learn.
>
> JT