[DeTomaso] ZF oil

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Wed Aug 13 12:34:06 EDT 2008

Indeed. The dipstick "L-tube" bends upward what I would approximate to around 2" above the side plug hole bottom edge to which you're normally able to fill. The dipstick has two markings, try to keep the oil level between them. If you fill to the point where oil flows out of the dipstick tube you're well over the recommended volume. Do you have a dash-1 or a dash-2 trans?

Tomas