[DeTomaso] Webers on 2v heads?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Aug 12 12:10:21 EDT 2008

What we all may be forgetting here is, this engine uses open chamber 2V heads
with domed pistons to get the compression back out of the basement, and Dan
only has a few days to complete it for a 150 mile drive in heavy traffic to
Monterey. I don't believe this short-block will ever make copious amounts of
power, so the 'best' intake for this street combination is sort of unimportant.
Thats why I suggested he simply complete the engine with what he had around
and try it, to save time. But the 3 days of 'discussion' on the subject- some
by people who've never in their lives changed an intake manifold on anything-
have pretty much eaten up what time he had available to experiment, so I now
suggest he does what D. J. says- go buy a 2V intake and get on with his life.
FWIW- J DeRyke