[DeTomaso] Intake for 2v heads

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 11:30:02 EDT 2008

You said you have open chamber heads.  Are you running a domed piston
to get 10.25:1 compression?  Forget the Performer, your choice should
be between the Weiand Xcelerator and the Air Gap.  The Air Gap is
considerably taller than the Xcelerator and will not fit below the
stock engine screen.  If Edelbrock did their homework, the Air Gap
should be the intake for you but I've not yet verified that (haven't
had the Air Gap on the dyno or flow bench yet).  There are two versions
of the Weiand 2V intake with different heights and port sizes.  The
larger port size will need port matching on the heads.  On my '74L,
the Weiand just fit under the stock screen with a drop base air
cleaner.  If you don't mind the extra height, the Weiand can benefit
from an inch spacer and some blending.

Dan Jones