[DeTomaso] Intake for 2v heads

P. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Sun Aug 10 11:47:57 EDT 2008

Dan ,I have ran both a Performer 2v and a Weiand-X on my 2v Aussi headed
10.25:1 .531lift/268/276duration engine. The Weiand-X is better for top end
but does not start flowing well until about 2500-3000 rpm. It will allow the
engine to make more overall power. The ports on the 2v Weiand-X are still
larger than 2V heads and require a little bit of porting on the head to
match.  The Performer is done at about 5800 rpm but has much better low end
performance and drivability around town. The ports are much closer and you
can get away from having to port match the heads but is still a good idea.
In my opinion neither manifold is great when cold and the Weiand took a
little more fussing with starting when not driven for awhile. If I put the
Cleveland back in some day it will be with the Performer and some form of
fuel injection and the Weiand will find a new home... I am sure Dan Jones
will chime in on this thread as he is a big fan of the Weiand-X over the
Performer. And I believe Dr Engles also has used both manifolds as well.
Lastly, both manifolds benefited with the use of 3/4 to 1 inch carb spacer.

Cheers

Paul