[DeTomaso] Pantera Oil Pans

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Aug 6 01:18:35 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/5/08 10:05:47 PM, msm at portata.com writes:
snip.....
> I believe that, based on the +250°F specification in the Machinist
> Handbook, nylock nuts are not appropriate for this kind of application. Or, at best,
> they're marginal, but I'd like your opinions as well.... I believe that a
> straight steel locking nut would be superior, rather than anything with nylon as
> part of it's locking mechanism.

I agree, Chris. I use all-metal locknuts in our Aviaid oil pan baffle and the
brake rotor hats, regardless. The bafflle nuts are easy to replace if yours
has nylocks and there is no downside. Good luck- J Deryke

Looking
for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL
Autos.