[DeTomaso] Big Bend ORR report

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 28 09:29:58 EDT 2008

We made it back last night without any problems.  I owe a lot to the Pantera
team for getting me back safely.

It was a fun weekend despite breaking.  We were close enough to the starting
line that they gave us a ride back at half time.  We got to watch the cars
coming back.  The M&M car passed the finish line at 185mph.

There were sooo many Mad Dawg jokes I couldn't keep track.  They were all
something like, "If that scrawny dawg comes around here again, I'm going to
slap him into the middle of next week."  I tried to take up for you M.D.,
but that chick was pretty mean looking.

Yes, as M.F. said, we broke with piston parts on the top of the engine.
There was a lot of water and oil.  I didn't see any holes anywhere, but I
haven't had a chance to look closely either.  If you look closely at the
piston part, it appears to be at the ring land - with a Chevy bowtie imprint
on it.  I think I sucked up part of a Corvette as I passed.

I'll post pics and descriptions when I pull it apart.  It's going to be a
week or two, though.

Will.