[DeTomaso] Front vented roter replacments--extra detail

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 24 13:10:16 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/24/08 1 16 40, ParaPantera at aol.com writes:

>     I did this swap back in '04 and guided several  others through the
> process.  As previously mentioned in a reply, the only  difference is you
> have to
> switch from metric to inch lug nuts.   Try as I might, the studs can not be
> swapped because the metric shank/shoulder  is slightly smaller than the inch
> ones,
> hence when you go to tighten the nuts  the studs just spin inside the rotor.

Aren't the Mustang studs slightly too short?   I know I tried to put Campy
wheels on my '66 Mustang (which, of course, used Mustang rotors!) and didn't
feel secure, as I could only get a couple of turns on the lug nuts, i.e.
inadequate thread engagement.

I know other people have successfully knocked the Mustang studs out of the
rotors and transplanted their Pantera studs, so maybe there are production
tolorences there that will allow some metric studs to work with some Mustang
rotors, but it's a crapshoot...