[DeTomaso] PNW - Shoveling our way to Griot's Garage

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Apr 19 11:49:29 EDT 2008

Well, here it is, the 19th of April.  We have our first organized event of
the year today.  A tour and detailing workshop at the headquarters of
Griot's Garage, purveyor of high quality auto detailing products and general
garage-mahal goodies.  I go to roll up the garage door to get the beastie
out and it's SNOWING.  Guess it's the CL Type S 6MT for me this morning.
And the humility of it all is that we are sharing the event with the local
Mini club, and you know they'll have their cars there.  We'll look like a
total bunch of waterbutts.

I also get an email from one of our guys about 50 miles north of me who says
he won't be joining us today as he has 8" of snow to shovel out of his 300'
driveway, and will be shoveling out.

It's NOT FAIR!!!  This is only the second of the five springs I've owned my
car that it hasn't been on jackstands at this point and I can't drive it.
Please, please, please, someone send us some SUNSHINE!!!!

Ok, I'm off my soap box now.  Thanks for listening.

Mike Thomas
P-P-Panteras N-N-Northw-w-west