[DeTomaso] Rear seal change with engine in the car?

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Mon Apr 7 09:00:43 EDT 2008

Dear Mike,

I might elaborate a bit on Jack's advice. When I last dropped my oil pan, it was not a straightforward process for this rookie mechanic. I had to be shown that one must loosen the very large nut on the trunnion support to permit some wiggle room to move (or shift?) the shift linkage over and out of the way to permit the pan to drop down.
I think the time estimate of one hour for the job applies to the seal R&R. For "normal" Pantera mechanics, who will be dropping the rear brace at the same time, then I would add on about two more hours of "fiddle" time.

Good luck and good wrenching, Chuck "the rookie mechanic" Engles