[DeTomaso] looking for carburator

David Gardner close_enough at losalamos.com
Tue Apr 1 22:15:23 EDT 2008

    Hello again. I have returned from ski season, when nothing else
happens besides my working at the Taos Ski Valley as an instructor.
That I am able to do so is because they have never seen me ski.
    You know, I'm not even certain I know how to spell carburator.  My
spell-checker suggests I don't.  The one on my '71 is the original
Motorcraft (I think), and I was considering replacing it with an
Edelbrock 1406 600 cfm.  Coupla' questions:  1. Do any of you have a
carburator (sp) that will bolt to the original manifold and with which
you are willing to part for some reasonable amount of cash;   2. Any
opinions based on experience with the 1406?
    Please respond off the thread to <close_enough at losalamos.com>, and
thanks for any assistance you can provide.